Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tales of Spain Part 3: Las Ventanas del Mascun

After the series of small bumps in the road, we were happy to be settled so that we could enjoy the climbing. It was well worth the money and the trouble. I am organizing slide shows by the different sectors at Rodellar.
Las Ventanas del Mascun is probably the best sector at Rodellar. It hosts a very large number of routes. Most of them are long and extremely steep. Wendy and I are climbing on two classic routes on the left side of Las Ventanas.



The next series shows Joe Kinder redpointing Pata Negra, 5.14b. I am climbing on my big project, Kings of Metal, 5.13c. I put a lot of time and effort into this 35 meter route, and it caused me plenty of pain and suffering as I fell near the top several times with the send at my fingertips.

1 comment:

alex said...

Cool blog! This gives me something to do at work- Spain looks amazing, please take me with you next time.